question

mufassa avatar image
mufassa asked

Debugging dbus/hub4 control - and the mystery of the missing L2 discharge...

using 3 x Quattros 15kVa with BYD battery and ESS, using internal metering. Have a NodeRED setup that manages half hourly pricing from Octopus and using an algorithm determines whether to charge, be 'on grid' or inverter-only during each half-hour slot and based on loads - i.e. figuring out when to charge two EV's, the aroSTOR, UFH etc.

However, this is a hacky solution that I'd like to stop - because I'd like to stay on grid, except L2 never discharges - at all. L1 and L3 balance loads to grid, maintaining a pretty much zero position, but regardless of load type L2 never ever discharges to balance (however remember in inverting mode - everything is fine). Ultimately I don't want to have to be forcefully taking the system off grid. L2 balances charging fine when AC-Out coupled solar exceeds loads, just not discharge - whether I am pulling a 200W or 5kW load and regardless of type.

I have tried forcefully setting the grid set point on L2, but it makes absolutely no difference.

It's like a discharge limit has been somehow set just for the Quattro on L2, but for the life of me I can't figure out where since all inverters get the same config and L1 and L3 are fine (regardless of total or individual metering mode).

So I'd like to debug dbus, and find out what hub4control is actually doing - is there a sensible way to enable debug mode of the hub4control process on Venus and log dbus to see what is being set?

ESSdischarge level
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

0 Answers

Related Resources

What is ESS training video

ESS Quick Installation Guide

ESS design and installation manual

Additional resources still need to be added for this topic