question

nikbok avatar image
nikbok asked

ESS - Limit Charge Current/Power

I have been testing some options of limiting charge current in ESS.

I currently use DVCC charge current limit which work great, globally limiting CC from PV and Grid. The problem is that I would like to have that CCL value set as standard, but be able to run some scheduled charge jobs with other CCL during night when energy is cheep and there is no need to go full blast on batteries. I would suggest to add "Limit charge current/power" to each scheduled charge job that will temporary change CC limit to another value and after the job is finished return to standard CCL value, if any.

I found some screen dumps from 2020 that have Limit Charge Power option but it is not there any more? What was that?13381-charge-current-ess.jpg

Instead, there is "Limit Inverter Power" now, which does not influence charging, only output to loads.

Furthermore, changing "Charge Current" value in VE Configure does not work, because it is overridden by DVCC (I guess) and even if I turn off DVCC-CCL it does not behave as expected.

13224-1600594133251.png

Even if it works, it is not really elegant solution because it will permanently set charge limit to some value without possibility to change remotely.

Do you have any ideas on how to make this work or my proposed solution is easiest way?

greetings...

battery chargingESSess settings
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

1 Answer
Alexandra avatar image
Alexandra answered ·

@nikbok

DVCC now has the limit charge power option.

The easiest way to automate the change between the two values is to work it with node red. I have not personally looked into doing that. But there will be a way.

1 comment
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

nickdb avatar image nickdb ♦♦ commented ·
Changing settings at specific times or based on other system values, is easy.

There is an ESS control node which allows both charge power and charge current to be set, among most other values.

There are new custom nodes where any available parameter (all options aren't available via the default nodes) can be tweaked.

So if you have some software dev background, it does allow for pretty much anything to be customised.

0 Likes 0 ·

Related Resources