question

lazza avatar image
lazza asked

Pylontech 52.8V max charge voltage and avoiding High Voltage Alarms

Hi

We've recently had an issue of High Voltage Alarms with 8x US5000 Pylontech batteries in a 30kVA ESS system. It's something we've seen before, but never in a new system (5 months) with very conservative treatment. I've two questions:

1. Why are we seeing Max Charge Voltage of 52.8V- It was always 52.4V in previous systems- has something changed??

2. Is there a way to tell which Pylontech battery is producing the 3.6V that sets off the alarm??- it would be nice to be able to monitor, and identify any issues early if any battery happens to be defective

Thanks

Larry

Pylontech
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

2 Answers
Alexandra avatar image
Alexandra answered ·

@Lazza

The system will charge to what the battery requests. I have seen with Pylon that the battery itself can request higher at 53.8v even.

If you have programmed the Victron in the system to 52v and 51v, then it is the battery asking.

And yes in the GX you will see what cell and what battery it is. And which ones are blocking charge.

And we always see high voltage alarms on new systems. Charge and discharge trends will have something to do with it. And that has probably changed (seasonal difference)

1 comment
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

lazza avatar image lazza commented ·
Thanks v much for your reply. Can you tell me where exactly on the GX device I can see the cell and the battery that is producing the high voltage warning?
0 Likes 0 ·
quat-allah-as-shams avatar image
quat-allah-as-shams answered ·

@Lazza

I was having the same issue on one my installs change setting as below

screenshot-2023-10-19-220309.png

now system seems to happy!!!

FYI upgraded firmware on pylontech to the lastest

1 comment
2 |3000

ponzoa avatar image ponzoa commented ·
I set mine in DVCC to 52,3 and no issues with 12 x US3000C on the latest firmware.
0 Likes 0 ·