question

alda avatar image
alda asked

Overload L1: Warning - what's a reason?

I'm still receiving a overload warnings. Don't know what's a reason for this and if it's necessary to change any settings. Is this warning comming from the Multiplus ?

My configuration is :

Multiplus II 48V/5000

3x Pylontech US3000C

MPPT 450/100 + MPPT 250/60

1697543489073.png

1697543727064.png

Maybe problem is this setting :

1697544266043.png

Don't know if it's correct

Thanks for help

Alex

warnings
1697543489073.png (41.5 KiB)
1697543727064.png (59.0 KiB)
1697544266043.png (5.9 KiB)
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

2 Answers
nickdb avatar image
nickdb answered ·

You are running the 4kW inverter flat out. The warning (it is only a warning) coincides with high usage, it is probably just a brief hiccup as loads shift.

The harder it is run, the hotter it becomes, the more it will derate.

If your firmware is up to date, it is just usage related.

You can see these warnings even on larger systems as it can also be grid related.

It is unlikely to be an input current limit, 40A equates to 9200W at 230V.

If everything is working fine I wouldn't worry about it, and just disable notifications for warnings, set it to alarm only.

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

alda avatar image
alda answered ·

Thank you, question is, why there is a overload warning, because on the AC OUT is "only" 2,4kW and the rest 1,9kW is supplied via AC IN and I think it isn't necessary for inverter to supply. So for me normaly overload warning is valid only for AC OUT.

3 comments
2 |3000

nickdb avatar image nickdb ♦♦ commented ·
Your charts show a consumption of over 4kW at the time of the warning.

You also appear to have a meter installed and AC loads parallel to the inverter which the inverter will try supply via backfeeding.

The diagram only shows the AC loads and Critical loads, not the grid supply.

But the total consumption indicates the inverter is suppling both at its full rated power.

So while critical loads may only be 2400W, it is also supplying near 1900W to the AC loads behind your meter on the grid side.

0 Likes 0 ·
alda avatar image alda nickdb ♦♦ commented ·

Yes, clear, that inverter supply as max as possible on the side of the critical loads and also on the grid side. My thought was, that inverter can reduce a AC loads on the grid side to prevent a overload and overload warning in this situation isn't same like in the situation when 4kW is directly on the Critical loads.

0 Likes 0 ·
nickdb avatar image nickdb ♦♦ alda commented ·
Transformer based inverters aren’t the fastest to react. They have ramp times, so running into this sort of warning isn’t uncommon. I wouldn’t stress about it.
0 Likes 0 ·

Related Resources

Additional resources still need to be added for this topic