question

ben1108 avatar image
ben1108 asked

VRM Iframe - Asks for for login

I'm embedding my victron site in my website via Iframe. However, for browsers visiting after 2,3 weeks wants to login again. We know this Iframe link supposed to be public ans should not ask for login.

This is the reason why I had asked for permanent Iframe token so the login won't ever show.

https://community.victronenergy.com/questions/221617/share-installation-iframe-link-as-public-anonymous.html

This is a major issue that we're facing right now. Any help/suggestion is much appreciated.

Thanks!

portal
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

1 Answer
Guy Stewart (Victron Community Manager) avatar image
Guy Stewart (Victron Community Manager) answered ·

Hi @Ben1108,

The console error in the original post is because of all third-party cookies are being blocked, this is not the default in most browsers including chrome. Unfortunately there is little we can do; on your website, vrm is a third party.

The 'embed token is invalid' pops up when the token used in the iframe is no longer valid; which could be caused by toggling site sharing which generates a new token. Tokens do not expire until the enable/disable is toggled.

You can't share all installations in a single iframe: this is currently not possible. iframe sharing is done on a per-installation basis, so 4 iframes will be needed for 4 installations.

1 comment
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

ben1108 avatar image ben1108 commented ·

Thanks for the reply.

Tho i got the answer for the question that i had linked in this particular question, the actual doubt here is; I'm embedding my victron installation in my website via Iframe (Share iframe option). However, for browsers visiting after 2,3 weeks wants to login again to see the installation, graphs. We know this Iframe link supposed to be public ans should not ask for login. May we know why is this unexpected behavior?

Thanks again!

0 Likes 0 ·

Related Resources

Additional resources still need to be added for this topic