question

ccraven avatar image
ccraven asked

OS large features menu missing from Cerbo GX

Hi, I've updated my firmware on my Cerbo GX to version 3.10. I then enabled the large image version to make use of the node red features. But the large features menu is missing and I can't even get started with node red.

Please does anyone know why? Is there a step that I have missed?

cerbo gxNode-RED
1 comment
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

ccraven avatar image ccraven commented ·
Thanks for your comments. I can now access the node red development site.

But one more question, I have a 75/15 MPPT charge controller connected to my Cerbo GX. Is it possible to control the load output of the charge controller using node red?

0 Likes 0 ·
2 Answers
derrick thomas avatar image
derrick thomas answered ·

Have you checked the current firmware version in the settings to verify that large os has been installed? Tried rebooting the cerbo?

3 comments
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

Kevin Windrem avatar image Kevin Windrem commented ·

There is no large/normal indication in the Firmware version line at least with v3.10. I don't use the large version but loaded it just to check. The only way to know is when doing the online update and selecting Image type: Large.

In the past, different version strings were used for the normal and large versions but that changed a while back.

I suggest some indication for normal/large be included on the Firmware page. This could be a separate line or appending "Large" to the displayed version number if com.victronenergy.platform /Firmware/LargeImageSupport is set. For the sake of SetupHelper and other things that check the firmware version, I would not want to go back to the old way of including Large in the version string.

0 Likes 0 ·
derrick thomas avatar image derrick thomas Kevin Windrem commented ·
@Kevin Windrem I never even noticed that about the current version string not reflecting normal/large. I was thinking of the online update screen which shows what version to check for, but as you stated, that won't help in determining wether or not a large version is currently installed.
0 Likes 0 ·
Kevin Windrem avatar image Kevin Windrem derrick thomas commented ·
Currently, the way only to tell is to see if the Venus Os Large features is present in the Settings menu. If this item is missing you are running the normal image not large.
0 Likes 0 ·
rausimous avatar image
rausimous answered ·

i have also noticed that the LARGE image for the raspbery pi 2 (zero) comes pre set to NORMAL
so if you update you will remove the large os by default

so on your gx terminal
go to
setings
firmware
online updates
image type "large"

then check for updates

2 |3000