question

wolfgang Linke avatar image
wolfgang Linke asked

Multiplus II BYD Box Chargelimit

Hello

I have a system with 3 Multiplus II and a BYD L box, offgrid.

My question is :
The standard charging algorithm of the Multiplus for this battery type has a final charging voltage of 56.8V, but the BYD box has only 56.5V. If SOC 100% is displayed in the Colorcontrol, the BYD box switches off although the charge limit of the BYD box is still 40 A. This shows me that the box could still do a cell balancing with little ampere. I think I could continue charging with 56.4 V and a few amps until the charge limit in amps drops to near zero. Can I reduce the final charging voltage of the Multiplus to 56.4 without leaving the charging algorithm of the Multiplus for this battery type? The BYD box could then interrupt charging when the permissible charge limit in amperes has been reached.

Many thanks for the answer

Translated with www.DeepL.com/Translator

charge current limit
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

1 Answer
Daniël Boekel (Victron Energy Staff) avatar image
Daniël Boekel (Victron Energy Staff) answered ·

Hi @wolfgang

In this document you can read how to setup your system:

https://www.victronenergy.com/live/battery_compatibility:byd_b-box

If you don't follow this document, you might void your battery warranty.

In a correctly configured BYD + Victron system, the BYD battery is in control of charge voltages and currents. These settings are thoroughly tested and are known to be reliable.

Please note that BYD does not support L series batteries in off grid applications.

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

Related Resources

Additional resources still need to be added for this topic