question

sunnysideup avatar image
sunnysideup asked

Charge profile for 12/12-30 Non-isolated

Hi, I'm need a little help setting up my charging profile. I have an Orion 12/12-30 non-isolated dc to dc charger.

The bank I'm charging is 4 x 6v deep cycle batteries connected in series and parallel. One battery is 6v, 230ah and the whole bank is 12v 430ah.

I requested the charge characteristics from the battery manufacturer and they sent me the following form: flooed-battery-charging.jpg

I was going to go with the following settings but was looking for someone more knowledgeable to help me out:

Absorption voltage = 14.1
Float voltage = 13.8
Bulk charge time limit = 9.2
Re-Bulk voltage offset =0.4
Maximum absorption time = 12

orion-tr smart
2 comments
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

kevgermany avatar image kevgermany ♦♦ commented ·
The easy bit is float 6*2.25, 13.5V.

Charger has no constant current setting, but its limit is 30A, half the max for your batteries. So pretty OK.

Setting absorption voltage to 14.1V as you suggest should be OK. But up to 14.4V should be ok.

0 Likes 0 ·
sunnysideup avatar image sunnysideup kevgermany ♦♦ commented ·

Thanks very much! I missed the float formula and went with the 2.35v per cell listed at the bottom of the sheet for "standard".

For search reference for anyone else using the same batteries as I am: these batteries are SLIGC115 duracell ultra bci group gc2 6v 20ah flooded deep cycle golf cart and scrubber battery.

0 Likes 0 ·
0 Answers