question

max78 avatar image
max78 asked

What does ESS (Select) AC Input1 do exactly?

I think in ESS the “Settings>System Setup>AC input1” with option none/net/generator.. is new.

Can this option be used to easy switch from the net to a generator on a Multiplus?

Normally a different Grid-Code/ Weak AC Input/ Current Limit…. has to be set.

Does this option does all of this (in background)? This would be great.

Or only for visualization…?

Is there some security, not to feed in on a generator, when selected accidentally?

Thanks, Markus

Multiplus-IIESS
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

4 Answers
nickdb avatar image
nickdb answered ·

This is where documentation is your friend. I would suggest doing the training.

That is GX settings, not ESS.

Those have always been there and it is where you tell the system what is connected to what input so everything displays, behaves and reports correctly, it makes no physical changes.

The second input isn't present on a multi but will still be shown on the GX.

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

max78 avatar image
max78 answered ·

Thanks.

It's a pity, it would have been too nice.

Technically it would certainly be possible to change the grid code... temporarily for a generator.

2 |3000

luphi avatar image
luphi answered ·

Could you please explain a use case for having a generator in an ESS installation.

2 |3000

max78 avatar image
max78 answered ·

Normal ESS system and I like to use the generator in case of longer power outage.

2 |3000