question

Lee avatar image
Lee asked

Modbus Register 2706 - Maximum System Grid Feed in disable via Modbus won't work

Hi there,

I've integrated my Victron System via Modbus TCP in my SmartHome System. But now i stuck on that "little" thing.

I also want to change the maximum grid feed in via Modbus, wich basically works. To disable the feed in limitation, i send a -1 on the Register 2706, but the system do nothing. I Also tried it with the scalefactor 0,01 ans send -0,01, but nothing happens. Is this a Bug in the current Venus OS?

I actually use 3.10~36 with installed Setup-Helper and GuiMods. The same happened with the previous Versions. Maybe there's a problem between keyboard and chair? Or do i have not the actual modbus register list?

Bye, Leigh

Modbus TCP
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

1 Answer
derrick thomas avatar image
derrick thomas answered ·

You might try disabling feeding thru the ESS menu of the gx device, then read the register to see what the correct value should be. It might be 0 and not -1? -1 usually disables a feature, disabling the limit would be the same as unlimited I would think. Again just a guess, I would do like I said above, disable it thru the menu and see what the value changes to.

1 comment
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

Lee avatar image Lee commented ·

But then this is badly formulated in the ModBus Register XLS.

-1: No limit, >=0: limited system feed-in. Applies to DC-coupled and AC-coupled feed-in.

So i understand, -1 is "unlimited Feed in" and everything "larger or equal to 0" enables the Limitation.

Disabling thru the ESS menu works, and disabling the limitation thru Modbus is the goal. I think i have found the problem. My Automation System is not sending negative values.

0 Likes 0 ·

Related Resources