question

tigrecito avatar image
tigrecito asked

NMEAremote with Signal K Server on Cerbo GX

Hi, installed Signal K Server on Cerbo GX all is working as expected. Looking at instrumentpanel app directly on the signal k server I can see battery stats.

Using my NMEAremote App (wich I only connected to the signal k server) I can se everything from NMEA bus but not any of the victron battery stats. Any idea?

thanks...

cerbo gxSignalK
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

1 Answer
macjl avatar image
macjl answered ·

Hello. I contacted the NMEAremote developper some weeks ago, because I had the same problem. He added the ability to obtain battery state from SignalK, which is not working in current version. In the beta version, all works great for me. I don’t know when it will be published.

4 comments
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

tigrecito avatar image tigrecito commented ·
Awesome, thanks for the information, then I will just wait for the next update !
0 Likes 0 ·
mattyroo avatar image mattyroo commented ·
@MacJL , does this mean that we will be able to get battery data from the NMEA network via Signal K into the Cerbo, and hence use that as a battery monitor?
0 Likes 0 ·
macjl avatar image macjl mattyroo commented ·
Not sure what do you mean but that's my config, which works :

- Venus OS Large on RPI4 connected to Smartshunt and SmartSolar with VE.direct adapters

- Also connected to N2k network with USB-CAN interface

- SignalK connected to N2k network through same USB-CAN interface. It gets battery datas from N2k (Venus plugin not configured).

- NMEARemote connected to SignalK : I can see the battery informations on my iPad/iPhone, with other navigation datas.

0 Likes 0 ·
macjl avatar image macjl macjl commented ·
The new version of NMEARemote is published now.
1 Like 1 ·

Related Resources