question

bradshaw106 avatar image
bradshaw106 asked

Globallink520 sim replacment

I am having trouble with the globallink 520 connecting in my area. I currently have two in the field, one connected easily and the other took over 2 hours to finally connect. I also have two more units that refuse to connect? I want to try a different simcard to see if that will help? I know the apn but according to the sim supplier their is no pin. Not sure what to do with the pin settings in the app. Also is the original pin for the device located on the unit somewhere incase I want to put the factory sim back in?

Should note that I'm using an external antenna and the reason I am able to connect to the blutooth app is becuase I sent it back to my supplier for them to try and it connected for them. I do find it frustrating that you cannot connect to the unit via blutooth until after it connects to cell first?? So it make diagnostics

globallink
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

4 Answers
bradshaw106 avatar image
bradshaw106 answered ·

Well, I tried a different sim and still won't connect. I have gone to two larger cities an hour in each direction and still won't connect? I don't understand why I have two units that have worked and 4 that won't connect?

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

Guy Stewart (Victron Community Manager) avatar image
Guy Stewart (Victron Community Manager) answered ·

Hi @Bradshaw106 ,

Apologies, there was an issue with a batch of GlobalLinks, I would suggest returning to your supplier for RMA.

Please read this for more information - GlobalLink520 Not connecting to internet - v2.pdf

2 |3000

bradshaw106 avatar image
bradshaw106 answered ·

I have two units both with serial numbers starting with hq2115. One I cannot connect via blutooth so I don't know what firmware it has. The other I had the same problem, so I sent it back to my supplier in florida for him to try, becuase I have had several units returned for not working. He said it connected fine for him and shipped it back now I can connect to it via blutooth and it has the 2.06 firmware. Still ill not connect to any cell towers. Using external antenna. I even went to the major city in my area to try as well as a different sim. I currently have two in the field, one connected in 5 min the other took several hours but finally connected. Probably have tried 4 other units without any luck. I'm pretty sure I sent one back to victron for inspection

1 comment
2 |3000

Not a great experience :(

I'll ask the GlobalLink team to have a look at where this has gone wrong for you.

0 Likes 0 ·
goffen avatar image
goffen answered ·

Have you tried a directional outdoor antenna ? My connection went from poor to excellent when i went from Victrons outdoor antenna (the whip one, not the puck) to a cheap -10Db directional one.

Goffen

1 comment
2 |3000

fermont avatar image fermont commented ·
Do you have a link to the antenna you are using?

I currently have the Victron antenna and a poor connection.

0 Likes 0 ·

Related Resources

Globalink Product page

Globalink Online Manual

Additional resources still need to be added for this topic