question

wout991 avatar image
wout991 asked

Dynamic ESS - minimum SOC was ignored

Hi guys,

I'm having a problem. Im running a 7kwh LFP battery with a multiplus 2 and wanted to try out the victron-dynamic-ess on node red. The problem is that the node red program is apparently ignoring the minimum soc I've set (5%). I get almost every time that my battery has switched it's relay off because the multiplus is discharging it to 0%. Does anyone has the same problem? Are my ESS settings or Dynamic settings wrong?

Thanks!screenshot-2023-08-01-at-095413.pngscreenshot-2023-08-01-at-095434.png

ESSNode-RED
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

2 Answers
victormccormicke avatar image
victormccormicke answered ·

Verify ESS Settings: Double-check your ESS settings in both the MultiPlus 2 and the Node-RED configuration. Ensure that the minimum SOC value is correctly set to 5% in both places.

2 comments
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

wout991 avatar image wout991 commented ·
Thanks! I'm gonna do that tomorrow. In some magical way without changing anything it now works. It also might be that my internet connection (wifi) is very bad at the site where the installation is at. Are the node red flows installed on the cerbo? Or does it need internet all the time to get commands (grid setpoint) from node red? Tomorrow I'll fix it with an ethernet connection.
0 Likes 0 ·
Alexandra avatar image Alexandra ♦ wout991 commented ·
@wout991 node red flowe are stored on the cerbo. No, it does not need internet to change settings on the inverter directly.
0 Likes 0 ·
Alexandra avatar image
Alexandra answered ·

@wout991

Does your battery report to the GX its SOC?

Is there any chance a cell imbalance is causing an earlier than expected shut down on your battery?

1 comment
2 |3000

wout991 avatar image wout991 commented ·
Yep, that goes without any problems. I can see in the SOC on the 'advanced' tab on VRM is the same as the BMS, also in the history. Let's first wait and see if the problem comes back. Right now it's doing good. On node red it says 5% idle, min 5% and on the cerbo it says the same while there is an AC load present and drawing power from the grid. So it works as it should.
1 Like 1 ·