question

stevo07 avatar image
stevo07 asked

Using a Multiplus II for ESS

Hello,

Does using the Multiplus II optional current transformer remove the need for an energy meter when PV is connected on the input side of the Multiplus?

Multiplus-IIESS
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

1 Answer
Rob Duthie avatar image
Rob Duthie answered ·

Hi Steve

Yes and no, the Multiplus-2 has a internal current CT when you plug in the External CT it takes it's place, so you place it in the main incomer supply and measure all loads coming and going.

But you can't assign it to a AC Out or change it as a PV inverter or Grid meter, This is done with a energy meter as i have found out (ET112 single phase type) which i use my self, and works much better.

Victron was meant to be fixing the bugs in the flow in the CCGX display as it is not correct in its flow as it shows load current flowing in the AC loads and Critical loads which are different in value when they should be the same as they share the same input.

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.