question

Andrew avatar image
Andrew asked

Charge low pylontech batteries from ordinary ring main?

My us3000c with victron easysolar 2 gx 3kw are really low and it is coming up on the inverter and i dont know if pv they are in alarm mode red light when press on red button faint green. just made a canbus lead to console and have battview but not yet familiar.

To get out of alarm mode can I just take a 230/40 (uk) extension lead 13a with plug removed to charge them via inverter? I do have some welding 3 ply rubber type cable but fuses no higher than 13a, any suggestions as to how long to charge if this method should be ok and other than putting into the correct AC in is there anything else eg settings on app or vrm?

thanks.

Pylontech
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

3 Answers
kevgermany avatar image
kevgermany answered ·

Not quite clear what you're trying to do on the wiring side.

But a normal UK 13A fuse will be ok on AC in for a 3kW EasySolar. This will allow it to charge the battery from mains

But why isn't the battery getting charged? Not enough solar maybe.

1 comment
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

Andrew avatar image Andrew commented ·
@kevgermany thanks, PV is now most definitely the culprit as outlined below.
0 Likes 0 ·
Alexandra avatar image
Alexandra answered ·

@Andrew

Dont mess around with battery view, the GX will tell you what you need to know. By low do you mean they are under voltage? As in 44v?

13A plug (if the plug is good) you will be fine as long as you don't do anything daft like have the same circuit on the ouput of the inerter as the in... Set the input current to 10A or so (GX if you have overide by remote)

At 230v that is 2300w or so of charge so just over an hour per battery, (dont know how many you have hoping at least 2) and then an extra on top maybe leave it for another hour for absorption and balancing (it wont be pulling amps this stage). At absolute most for a good full charge and balance at a 10A input 4 hours.

But if your solar is helping and you don't have loads on possibly less.

2 |3000

Andrew avatar image
Andrew answered ·

@Alexandra thanks, your response is reassuring and has highlighted the problem being PV and I think it's either a fuse or connection(s) as 198v on one string 10a but readout on the unit is just 48w! So multimeter time.

2 |3000