question

simonwood avatar image
simonwood asked

Can’t connect to victron orion-tr smart 12/12-30 with Bluetooth

Hi,

I have a victron orion-tr smart 12/12-30 and can’t seem to connect. When entering the pin. Six zeros it starts to load then says unable to pair. It’s starts to load

I have tried, restarting Bluetooth. Removing the device profile. Re installing the app. Rebooting phone.

Running iPhone 13 with latest firmware, latest app from Apple Store VictronConnect 5.91

Any other ideas ?

I do have another van with the same device and it connects fine to that one.

Cheers

orion-tr smart
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

1 Answer
Guy Stewart (Victron Community Manager) avatar image
Guy Stewart (Victron Community Manager) answered ·

Hi @Simonwood

Victron has recently started to ship Bluetooth products with unique PIN codes from the factory.

The default out of the box is no longer 000000 but another PIN that is on a label on the product itself.

6 comments
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

simonwood avatar image simonwood commented ·
Ah, will have a check on the unit. Don’t have the box as contractor fitted it.

Thanks for that. Will report back.

0 Likes 0 ·
simonwood avatar image simonwood simonwood commented ·
Sounds stupid but do you know where the sticker is ? I don’t really want to take the unit out as it’s all mounted neatly near the battery’s. Cheers
0 Likes 0 ·
Alexandra avatar image Alexandra ♦ simonwood commented ·

@Simonwood

On the left hand side of the unit on the heat sink.

Keep note of the puk as well

Confirm you have the engine running while you are trying to connect to it?

0 Likes 0 ·
simonwood avatar image simonwood Alexandra ♦ commented ·
You are spot on. One unit has default pin. Other unit has set pin/numbers. Even thro I ordered 2 at the same time.

Thanks - you have saved me allot of concern. Now set the profile to charge and hopefully will see better battery voltage.

0 Likes 0 ·
ade avatar image ade commented ·
OMG i spent 2 hours messing around checking and reconnecting, until i found this correct answer!!! The pass code on this 12-12 DC DC is not 000000 but actually the pass code on the box or side of unit! It would help if the app said incorrect password or the fault finding instructions said to check the password on the unit instead of turn phone off/on !!!

Incidentally the Victron Battery Charger and Solar Controller passcode was 000000
0 Likes 0 ·

Apologies for that, the rollout of this security upgrade is still ongoing, though now almost complete at the hardware and production level, but we are still to get all the advice, documentation and messages accurate and up to date. A Sisyphean task at Victron :)

There will also be some time till all stock is cleared through distribution warehouses, so it's expected that unit behaviour will vary for a while to come as well.

0 Likes 0 ·