question

Kristof G. avatar image
Kristof G. asked

OS v2.31 limit charge current bug?

Hoi @mvader,

I think i've found a bug...

If you place colorgx - quattro - input current limit (AC current) on example 20A

And on the colorgx - settings - system setup - maximum charge current set on 8A

= limit is than 8A to battery and thats ok

AND then you go to colorgx - quattro - advanced - system reset (press to reset) OR you go to colorgx - quattro - switch (on to off and back to on)

Then there is no system check to what current is setup in ESS mode, it charges with full power setup in colorgx - quattro - input current limit ( 20A)

At that stage you can go back to colorgx - quattro - input current limit (AC current) and change to higher value or lower, system is following that value and not ESS value..

ALL is back OK when you hard reset the quattro with front switch to OFF and ON again. And in colorgx - settings - system setup - maximum charge current go from 8A to 10A and back to 8A.(just change value to something else)

Iam using all the last firmwares

All setting are made in colorgx, not in ve.config

AND colorgx - setting - ESS - mode set on "keep batteries charged"

Edit2: no solar attached, only grid

//kg

current limit
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

1 Answer
mvader (Victron Energy) avatar image
mvader (Victron Energy) answered ·

Thanks Kristof; we'll look into that.

4 comments
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

mvader (Victron Energy) avatar image mvader (Victron Energy) ♦♦ commented ·

Hi again, its a bug we already know about; introduced in v2.30:

The charge current is not correctly limited in case the GX Device reboots while there is no PV. Affects only systems with non-intelligent batteries that have a user-defined charge current limit (dvcc) configured

We'll have a fix for it soon; which most likely will be first available as a v2.32 release candidate.

0 Likes 0 ·
Kristof G. avatar image Kristof G. mvader (Victron Energy) ♦♦ commented ·

Perfect!

Sorry didnt know it was already known...

0 Likes 0 ·
mvader (Victron Energy) avatar image mvader (Victron Energy) ♦♦ Kristof G. commented ·

You could not have known :-)

0 Likes 0 ·
john-hagtharp avatar image john-hagtharp mvader (Victron Energy) ♦♦ commented ·

Hi Mathijs,

There's a small difference here. As you described, I was seeing this condition after rebooting the Venus device but Kristof is seeing it after rebooting the VE.Bus device.

It's obviously related and could well be rectified with the same fix but I thought I'd point out the difference just in case.

John

0 Likes 0 ·

Related Resources

Additional resources still need to be added for this topic