question

joshalthaus avatar image
joshalthaus asked

Marine Muiltplus setup

Hi,

I have the below set up on my boat and have noticed the solar and charger don't work together. They go into Bulk, absorption and storage at different times. Is there are document that shows what cables to connect this system together correctly and our to configure settings so the solar and charger work together.

-Muiltiplus 24/3000/70-50

-BMV-712

-SmartSolar Charger MPPT 100/30

-Venus GX

-360 amp at 24V (6x 120 amp 12v) deep cycle lead acid batteries

MultiPlus Quattro Inverter Charger
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

3 Answers
JohnC avatar image
JohnC answered ·

Hi Josh. I don't believe there's an actual hardware/firmware solution to this, but nor do I believe it's necessary/important either. No doubt you've noticed their 'V interaction' on the portal. Information overload, ha? Amazing stuff..

They'll be using slightly different charge algorithms too by necessity, so that can interfere too.

A basic workaround might be to give one (say the solar) priority by setting it's Absorption and Float V slightly higher, so the secondary source (shore/genny) becomes a follower, ie will back off.

I've a similar sytem and although I've experimented with it, I just leave my ac topup until after sundown. Saves me genny fuel. Thankfully winter isn't an all-year event.

If there exists a better way, I'd like to hear it too.

Stay Charged..

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

Zakhar avatar image
Zakhar answered ·

Hi joshalthaus. As I know here should be Venus GX or ColorControl GX in your system.
When had configurated my system with Multi and SmartSolar, I didn't connect them with venus and had a warning on SmartSolar: "there is another source of power in system".

2 |3000

joshalthaus avatar image
joshalthaus answered ·

Thanks for your responses! Any help is appreciated. I think I will change voltage of the Bulk, Absorption and Float as John suggested. Cheers

1 comment
2 |3000

ben avatar image ben ♦ commented ·

That's what I do. My solar is set just a little bit higher.

0 Likes 0 ·

Related Resources

Additional resources still need to be added for this topic