question

jakudo avatar image
jakudo asked

Updating firmware of Victron devices

Hi,

I've read many discussions, articles etc regarding firmware updating of Victron devices.

This is what I understood:

• if it works, don't update it
  • never ever update Multiplus, unless you know how to configure it back since it goes to factory setting after the update (I have 3F system)
  • if needed you can update MPPT and Cerbo GX, it shouldn't delete any settings

Now my questions are:

• did I understood it correctly?
  • I'd like to install Node-RED on Cerbo GX. If I do that will it preserve the settings if I use the full version of FW? Or will I need to do anything else after the update?
  • there was a new OS v3.00 yesterday. Is it safe to update the FW to the full version of v3.00 with Node-Red if I have v2.92 now?

Thanks a lot.

cerbo gxfirmware updateNode-RED
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

1 Answer
Stefanie (Victron Energy Staff) avatar image
Stefanie (Victron Energy Staff) answered ·

Hi @jakudo

Yes, don't update unless you have to or want a new feature that comes with a new firmware update.

Updating the Cerbo GX to VenusOS Large (including Node-RED and Signal K) is not a problem. All settings made under 2.92 are retained.

1 comment
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

jakudo avatar image jakudo commented ·
Thanks a lot for reply and confirming it. The only reason I need ot update it is the Node-RED
0 Likes 0 ·