question

navoye avatar image
navoye asked

SmartSolar MPPT 150/45 and DVCC

Hello,

I've got working SmartSolar MPPT 150/45, acid batteries(24V) and non Victron inverter(+ PV panels, fuses, switch). So as if the simplest offgrid...

What hardware do I need to add DVCC support at the cheapest cost to this system?

regards

MPPT SmartSolar
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

3 Answers
Alexandra avatar image
Alexandra answered ·

@navoye

A GX device. Cerbo S maybe?

DVCC wont really help you much with only one victron product though. Are you planning on adding some victron shunts for battery monitoring?

https://www.victronenergy.com/live/venus-os:start

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

navoye avatar image
navoye answered ·

Thank you. Accurate explanation - due to the small capacity of my power bank and its type (lead acid) I had to limit the charging current. I could use a lot more energy during the day using the DCVV which would manage the charging current in real time, protecting my batteries. I am looking for the cheapest and simplest option to integrate such a function with the system. This is a really small and simple offgrid system - no need for more. When buying more expensive equipment, it will be more profitable for me to change the power bank to one that can be charged with high current - more benefits at a similar cost. I was hoping that some small addition to the system like a smartshunt device or something similar would solve my problem. Is there such a solution?

4 comments
2 |3000

seb71 avatar image seb71 commented ·
Adding a SmartShunt and then using VE.Smart Networking should give you some improvements, so it might be worthwhile, but still you won't be able to use DVCC.
1 Like 1 ·
navoye avatar image navoye seb71 commented ·

Can you explain more? I don't see how smart shunt would change anything - I would have more accurate information but still has to manual change of charging current at the time of increased consumption - am I right?

0 Likes 0 ·
seb71 avatar image seb71 navoye commented ·
You want DVCC. I wrote that adding a SmartShunt will not give you DVCC, but it gives you some other improvements to your solar system, which might make it worth it.

I gave you a link to VE.Smart Networking, for more details.
0 Likes 0 ·
navoye avatar image navoye seb71 commented ·
ahh, okey, i will check
0 Likes 0 ·
Dušan Klofutar avatar image
Dušan Klofutar answered ·

Charging parameters you can manage on MPPT, or buy cheap Raspberry pi and instal Venus OS...

1 comment
2 |3000

navoye avatar image navoye commented ·
I will check Venus OS, thank you
0 Likes 0 ·

Related Resources

Additional resources still need to be added for this topic