question

jacques-bands avatar image
jacques-bands asked

solar yield and

I'm trying to run an automation through homeassistant, where if the solar yield is big enough to run my pool pump then turn on the pump. Problem is which entity to monitor on victron equipment?

solar
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

1 Answer
Alexandra avatar image
Alexandra answered ·

@Jacques Bands

Using solar as a trigger can be a tricky one as for production to be there, there has to be a load.

What you can use reliably is SOC, trigger slightly before full and of you dont want to use battery, trigger one or two percent below full for off.

The other way is based on time, if you know you are in peak between certain times, use that time but also with SOC to prevent the battery from being used.

1 comment
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

jacques-bands avatar image jacques-bands commented ·

Exactly, this is the part which was tripping me "as for production to be there, there has to be a load", I only saw any solar yield when there was load - it would have been good if solar yield was measured before anything was dumped, because then one could determine if there is extra solar yield available for other use instead of being dumped, in this case pool pump or pool heat pump.

Time of day it is then plus battery state of charge.

0 Likes 0 ·

Related Resources

Additional resources still need to be added for this topic