question

mrtn avatar image
mrtn asked

MQTT Setup

Hi,

Im trying to access mqtt.victronenergy.com with MQTT.fx

I have a problem of not being able to connect. MQTT is enabled in the Venus. I suspect the problem might be with the SSL setup of my connection that I added in MQTT.fx. I have double checked my credentials. Has anyone got a screenshot of their SSL setup to share?

ERROR --- BrokerConnectService : Unable to connect to server

Thanks

MQTT
1 comment
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

hobohome avatar image hobohome commented ·

Is there a reason why you want to connect to the remote MQTT broker, rather than the one built into the Venus?

0 Likes 0 ·
2 Answers
mrtn avatar image
mrtn answered ·

Yes, intend to connect to it with a Particle Photon that will in turn control a relay shield on values read from the mqtt.victronenergy.com broker.

1 comment
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

My question was - why not connect directly to the MQTT broker running on the Venus, as opposed to the broker running on the Victron server?

You perhaps are unaware that the Venus has its own MQTT broker onboard?

0 Likes 0 ·
mrtn avatar image
mrtn answered ·

The Particle Photon lives (always connected) online and therefore can be semi remote to where the venus is. It can be at a water heater or outside of the home, far away from where the local network is reachable.

Do you perhaps have some help on how I can connect to the mqqt.victronergy.com broker with PC or Particle Photon?

1 comment
2 |3000

I understand. Sorry, I make extensive use of the local Venus MQTT broker for load dumping and other automation tasks, but I have not used or connected to the broker at the Victron end.

Sorry I can’t be of more help with that.

0 Likes 0 ·

Related Resources