question

dj-ordje avatar image
dj-ordje asked

Victron Wallbox stuck in manual mode

Hey guys,

I've got a 3-Phase ESS with 5kVA Multiplus IIs, some MPPTs and 28kWh LFP Storage.

I've setup the wallbox via WiFi and MQTT, it gets recognized by the cerbo and seems to work as intended.

However, it is stuck in manual mode. If I try to change it it reverts back within a second.

Doesn't matter if the EV is plugged in or not, it does not want anything other than manual.

Is there some sort of trick? I've read about a calibration feature, which makes sense since the displayed power is about 1.2 times the power displayed in the car or the VRM. (fx. 7kW on the wallbox, 5kW on the car and 5kW in the VRM)

Ahh just thinking about it, it makes perfect sense to not work in automatic mode when it's not calibrated. In that case the readings would be off and it couldn't properly use PV-Excess. Is that it?

ESSev charging station
7 comments
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

Hi, no, that's not calibration related. Are you sure the mode is not controlled externally over Modbus? Make sure that's not the case

0 Likes 0 ·
dj-ordje avatar image dj-ordje Lucian Popescu (Victron Energy Staff) ♦♦ commented ·
There are no other modbus devices in the network other than the wallbox and the cerbo so I think it's fine in that regard.
0 Likes 0 ·
Lucian Popescu (Victron Energy Staff) avatar image Lucian Popescu (Victron Energy Staff) ♦♦ dj-ordje commented ·
can you record a short video of the main webpage of the EVCS while is behaving like this?

0 Likes 0 ·
dj-ordje avatar image dj-ordje Lucian Popescu (Victron Energy Staff) ♦♦ commented ·
Not at the moment as the system is actually remote to me. I'll record a video when I get there next week or so. For now we're manually charging which works fine.
0 Likes 0 ·
Lucian Popescu (Victron Energy Staff) avatar image Lucian Popescu (Victron Energy Staff) ♦♦ dj-ordje commented ·
Ok, keep me posted please
0 Likes 0 ·
Sooo, I got around to it eventually today. A CP calibration seems to have fixed the issue, I can now select all three modes and it stays there. Auto charging also seems to work, it says waiting for sun which seems to be normal.

However, I've come across a different issue, regarding the displayed power. The Wallbox is located on the AC Out of the MPII 3P system. So any power it draws will also be displayed as AC load. My displayed AC load (House plus Wallbox) is 4700W while the Wallbox shows 6100W. So the power measurement inside the Wallbox is most definitely off by a lot.

I've also noticed this on a cheap EV charger I have, it too shows more power than is actually being drawn. Is there a way to calibrate the current sensing?

0 Likes 0 ·

Yes, it can be calibrated. What is the vehicle model? Renault ZOE?

1687536659262.png

0 Likes 0 ·
1687536659262.png (84.1 KiB)
0 Answers