question

hanski avatar image
hanski asked

Two mppt charge controller

I have onnected 6 panels of 275W with two individual (3 panels in both) MPPT solar charger connected into battery bank of 1200Ah via LYNX IN bushbar. I have bluetooth smartdongle and BVM-700 for adjusting the chargers With my laptop. Shall I but the same values into both MPPT chargers for charging the battery bank right? When I will do the equalization phase for battery bank must I put ON both MPPT chargers simultaneously?

MPPT SmartSolar
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

2 Answers
thanar avatar image
thanar answered ·

Since you have two charge controllers, I suggest you set them up onto a VE.Smart network (you should own the smartsolars for that to work, of course). That way, the controllers will be in sync, and will act exactly the same way. Settings should be identical, as per the VE.Smart Networking documentation (do a thorough read first).

1 comment
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

carlrjohnson avatar image carlrjohnson commented ·

If he's got the smart networking then what benefit is there going to the vd.direct cable? I only ask because I'm in a bit of a pickle with my installation.,

0 Likes 0 ·
hanski avatar image
hanski answered ·

My solar chargers are Victron Smart Solar MPPT 150/60-TR and Victron Smart Solar MPPT 150/80-TR .

1 comment
2 |3000

thanar avatar image thanar commented ·
Nice. Read up for the VE.Smart Networking, then.
0 Likes 0 ·

Related Resources

Additional resources still need to be added for this topic