question

inhabor avatar image
inhabor asked

How to set charge limit on a MultiPlus?

The charging current in the multiplus compact is 80 amp. The information on my Renogy 170ah lithium battery says 50amp for maximum charging current. Can I adjust the charging current in the multiplus compact?

charge current limit
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

4 Answers
Paul B avatar image
Paul B answered ·

Yes you can adjust this but you need a MK3 unit to do the adjustment.

the charger side would then be limited to 50 amps

Or

if you have a CCGX or venus attached and you have connected to victrons VRM then you can also do this adjustment remotley, through the VRM connection

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

grog avatar image
grog answered ·

I need teh same solution, but cant find this in the VE.Configuration Mk3 software, so pls. advice

2 |3000

Justin Cook avatar image
Justin Cook answered ·

@Grog, the setting is under "charger" settings tab in VE.Config or, better yet, use VictronConnect (still with a wired connection through your MK3) and navigate to Settings>Charger>Charge Current.

charge-current.jpg (79.3 KiB)
2 |3000

grog avatar image
grog answered ·

Thanks for answer it helps.

2 |3000

Related Resources

Additional resources still need to be added for this topic