question

marekp avatar image
marekp asked

Is Victron equipment comatible with Polish grid rules?

Will Victron equipment ever be compatible with Polish grid rules?

There is a list of compatible equipment with polish grid rules.

There is not even one Victron equipment on that list.

"Przedmiotowy wykaz zawiera nazwy urządzeń dla których została potwierdzona zgodność z wymogami Rozporządzenia Komisji (UE) 2016/631 z dnia 14 kwietnia 2016 r. ustanawiającego kodeks sieci dotyczący wymogów w zakresie przyłączenia jednostek wytwórczych do sieci (kodeks NC RfG), w procesie przyłączania modułów wytwarzania energii do sieci elektroenergetycznej".

"The list in question contains the names of devices for which compliance with the requirements of Commission Regulation (EU) 2016/631 of 14 April 2016 establishing the grid code on requirements for connecting generation units to the grid (NC RfG code) has been confirmed, in the process of connecting generation modules energy to the power grid".

http://ptpiree.pl/opracowania/kodeksy-sieci/wykaz-certyfikatow

certificate
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

6 Answers
mvas avatar image
mvas answered ·

Is a EU Conformity certificate not enough?

2 comments
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

marekp avatar image marekp commented ·

@mvas

Unfortunatelly NOT.

Grid operator requires the inverter to be on the that exact "PTPIREE" list.

If it is not, they would refuse to allow the connection to the grid.

The only way to use Victron inverters is to connect them after the ON-grid PV inverter and inform the grid operator only of the ON-grid inverter. Victron gear is than considered an OFF-grid system that does not require any paperwork.

The problem starts when you have MPPT chargers that could be set for grid feeding the excess power and they cannot do that as a component of the OFF-grid system.

As for Chinese inverters, they all have required certification as they are on that PTPIREE list.

This is quite often the reason why Victron looses potential clients.

They simply buy Chinese instead.

Victron's technical superiority is not enough when you cannot legally connect it to the grid.

1 Like 1 ·
thanar avatar image thanar commented ·
True that. Unfortunately, I don’t think grid operators know what the certificates certify, all they care about is a very specific certification in order to accept the gear; we are also facing the same issue in Greece; Victron equipment doesn’t carry the official Greek certification (which is actually an add-on to the EU conformity), although all Chinese OEM mass imports do. It’s a pain in the @$$ to try and persuade the operator that they should accept the Victron paperwork as enough; they always ask for something extra.
0 Likes 0 ·
Matthias Lange - DE avatar image
Matthias Lange - DE answered ·

That's more a question for the sales manager for your country:

https://www.victronenergy.com/contact

5 comments
2 |3000

marekp avatar image marekp commented ·

@Matthias Lange - DE

One would think that the Victron distributor is in the best position to get this settled with Victron sales manager for my region.

Unfortunately Victron distributors in Poland do not care about it.

1 Like 1 ·
kevgermany avatar image kevgermany ♦♦ marekp commented ·
Go direct to the sales manager, saying you have tried through the distributor and had no success.
1 Like 1 ·
marekp avatar image marekp kevgermany ♦♦ commented ·

@kevgermany

Thank you for suggesting it. I will do, but 99% of people, I suggested they buy Victron instead some Chinese stuff, were told by grid operator, that the Victron inverters cannot be connected to grid in Poland for lack of certification. Only that 1% was willing to go through the troubles of going around the rules because they prefer the Victron quality over Chinese quantity.

BTW. My distributor is no longer on Victron list and I cannot complain about the distributor I did not buy from.

1 Like 1 ·
kevgermany avatar image kevgermany ♦♦ marekp commented ·
The organisation will have assigned an alternative.

But as Matthias said, the support route is distributor then Sales manager. And they should be able to keep you informed about certification

0 Likes 0 ·
marekp avatar image marekp kevgermany ♦♦ commented ·

@kevgermany

I asked local Sales Manager.

Here is what I got from him.

Dear Marek,
Thank you for interest and request Victron!
We are aware of the demand for certification, and as a Polish sales manager I would be happy, as would many customers, if it had already been done.
The task is on the to-do list, the certain data cannot be stated unfortunately! I hope we receive it this year, only thing I can advise is to check the Victron website or ask for news announcement of your Victron seller!
PS
Here the declaration for 3 and 5k units, for your use:
MultiPlus-II-NEN-EN-50549-2-2019.pdf (victronenergy.pl)
Kind regards,
Ēriks Lisovskis
Sales Manager Russia, Belarus, Ukraine, Georgia, Poland, West Balkans and Baltic countries
Victron Energy B.V.
Mob. + 371 2933 1122
www.victronenergy.com
0 Likes 0 ·
kevgermany avatar image
kevgermany answered ·

It's on the way, then. I know these certifications take some time, unfortunately.

2 |3000

gregtronik avatar image
gregtronik answered ·

Guten Tag

So verliert Mann die Kunden die sich leider der Chinesischen Konkurrenz zuwenden da diese alle nötigen Zertifikate vorweisen . Schade Victron

2 |3000

gregtronik avatar image
gregtronik answered ·

Ich Selber habe eine Frische Installation in Polen leider keine Freigabe seitens des Netzbetreibers . Wenn bald nichts Passiert dann muss ich die Anlage Abbauen . Sollte es dazu kommen sehe ich mich gezwungen Keine Netz Gekoppelten Anlagen auf Victron Basis zu bauen sondern Auf Andre Hersteller umzusteigen !!! In Deutschland sin die Hürden Kleiner zumindest zu zeit da habe ich 10 ESS Anlagen im Betrieb .

MFG

Gregtronik

2 |3000

marekp avatar image
marekp answered ·

Couple weeks ago I took part in very interesting "Dynamic ESS" webinar.

It made me think about this MP-Ii certification problem in Poland.

There is no point of even getting interested in this "Dynamic ESS" option, or regular ESS for that mater, if one cannot connect Victron system to the grid. ESS does not work without the grid connection.

During the webinar I asked the question about this certification problem and I was pointed to the sales manager.

Next day I sent an e-mail to the Victron sales manager for my area with the question, when this certification will be done.

I am still waiting for the answer. :(

2 |3000

Related Resources

Additional resources still need to be added for this topic