question

xpatrik avatar image
xpatrik asked

Overload warning while at low load

Hi, yesterday i got a weird "Overload L1: Warning" on my system while the ac load was only about 70W. But the system didnt shut down or anything so i didnt think anything of it.

Today i got the same error "Overload L1: Warning" while the ac load was only about 70W. I did not change anything in the system or connect anything new to the ac output. The system was working before over a month and never seen this error.

Here is a vrm share link if anyone want to check the data https://vrm.victronenergy.com/installation/191449/share/5632938d

My system is running ESS with the gridpoint set to 0W
As i said i did not connect anything new to the ac loads there is only one computer connected and the pv grid inverters, nothing else (other stuff is running from dc)

Main system specs:
Victron MultiPlus-II 48/3000/35-32
Victron SmartShunt 500A
Victron BlueSolar Charger MPPT 150/45 rev3
Battery lifepo4 125AH
Also two small Grid Tie inverters

Multiplus-IIESS
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

2 Answers
nickdb avatar image
nickdb answered ·

Spurious overload warnings can be generated if there is a weak grid. I get several a week and disable alerts for warnings as a result. It isn't an alarm, so don't stress about it.

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

thanar avatar image
thanar answered ·

What kind of "small grid tied" inverters are you talking about? Where exactly are they connected? Before the MultiPlus, or at it's output?

2 |3000