question

philippe-gonin avatar image
philippe-gonin asked

is there a wakeup function on Multiplus ?

hello i have got a multiplus 2 5000 va with pylontech US5000 batteries suddenly a few days ago my batteries switched off (only one green light every 3 seconds, 49 volts, 0 amp)

i wondered if there was a wakeup function on my inverter ? or another way to wakeup my Pylontech....?

Pylontech
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

3 Answers
derrick thomas avatar image
derrick thomas answered ·

If the battery has switched off due to low voltage you may need to activate it with another charging source.

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

philippe-gonin avatar image
philippe-gonin answered ·

thanks derrick the multiplus victron 5000 VA is not a good charging source ?

1 comment
2 |3000

derrick thomas avatar image derrick thomas commented ·

Some inverter/chargers are not capable of 'waking up' a battery that has shut down due to bms protection. Victron inverters are not designed or intended to be used in systems without batteries which is essentially what you have if the bms is in protection. I do not know if the mp2 is capable of waking it up. Hopefully someone else in here will be able to clarify that for you. Sorry I just don't know the answer to that. You might check your manual under the charging section and see if it mentions it.

Edit: I've just scanned over my MP2's manual and I was not able to find an answer. If you have a battery charger available it would only take a minute to test it to see if that's what you need to do.

0 Likes 0 ·
gerard-van-seventer avatar image
gerard-van-seventer answered ·

You could wake-up the Pylontech via an external switch. There are some pins on the console connector to do this. This is well documented.

To do this you must have of course some connectivity and a device that makes the switch momentary. I'm planning to do the same with a simple Shelly wifi switch.

The question remains if the MP2 will wakeup when the power is restored.

2 |3000