question

brittneywoodgate avatar image
brittneywoodgate asked

Turn Multiplus off using PLC

Hi, I am using a PLC to write and read reqisters from a Cerbo GX over Modbus TCP. I am using register 33 (switch position) to try turn the inverer on and off by sending units 3 or 4 . I have tried this and it seems to think it is off (VRM shows Inverter off) but there is still power so its not completely turning it off. Is there a way that this can be done?

The issue I'm having seems to be an issue with writing to the reister. I can read the register and when i turn the switch off over remote connect, the register reads 4 but when i write a 4 to the register, it doesnt seem to hold the value and nothing will turn off and the register is reading a 3 even though vrm and remote connect are indicating that the multiplus is off.

Multiplus-IIcerbo gxModbus TCP
2 comments
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

kevgermany avatar image kevgermany ♦♦ commented ·
@Brittney.Woodgate

This one's better suited to modifications, will move it there.

0 Likes 0 ·
brittneywoodgate avatar image brittneywoodgate kevgermany ♦♦ commented ·
Thank you!
0 Likes 0 ·
1 Answer
P.H.J. Sibbing avatar image
P.H.J. Sibbing answered ·

Use one of the relay positions of the Cerbo, or more (if more multipluses ? are in play) .

Either switch the power lines of with a relay or the Remote On/Off ports of a Multiplus (?), other products also have an Remote On/Off ports.

https://www.victronenergy.com/media/pg/MultiPlus-II_230V/en/UUID-b318472a-d96b-05c9-cdb8-5850fb6bb16d.html

Command can come from your PLC to an external relay to make or brake the Remote On/Off

I made Manual emergency switch to stop my multiplusses ( 3 in series with one wire in and out connecting the Remote On/Off ports) ) from operating , with an another switch to cut the power lines in and out.

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.