question

dcladdpe avatar image
dcladdpe asked

CCGX w/ Nano Wireless USB Adapter

Just purchased the Victron Energy CCGX WiFi Module simple (Nano USB) device. Plugged it into the CCGX and the unit tells me there is no device connected. I cycled power with no different results. Removed the device and plugged it into my computer USB and the computer says the last USB device inserted into the computer malfunctioned and windows does not recognize it.

Am I missing a step to installing this device or is there something wrong with the unit? Any assistance is greatly appreciated.

wifi
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

3 Answers
Paul B avatar image
Paul B answered ·

I have used these devices with no problems the last one I installed was on Friday.

check to make sure your CCGX is on the latest firmware 2.30

also I presum you have tried both USB ports on the CCGX

if it still does not work I would suggest that you return it and get another unit

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

dcladdpe avatar image
dcladdpe answered ·

@Paul B Thank you for the information. I did upgrade to firmware 2.30 without any luck with the Nano. I used a USB stick for the firmware upgrade, so I know the USB port works. Did you have to enable any other settings to get the CCGX to recognize the Nano?

If not, then I need to contact the reseller.

1 comment
2 |3000

Paul B avatar image Paul B commented ·

I presume you have done a reboot, you could also try a system redetect but I dont think this will solve anything, but worth a try.

reboot is press the two top buttons both at the same time,

otherwise get it swaped over or tested bad at the resellers place

0 Likes 0 ·
mick-finch avatar image
mick-finch answered ·

We purchased a 'WiFi Nano USB Adapter' (not sure if that is the same thing you have) and realised it was basically a WiFi extender. when we plugged it into our Colour Control it picked up the WiFi router we use for the computers, whereas beforehand the Colour Control didn't detect any WiFi signals.

Ours didn't emit it's own WiFi signal, it allowed the Colour Control to pick up other WiFi signals from other devices.

2 |3000

Related Resources

Additional resources still need to be added for this topic