question

jkb avatar image
jkb asked

Orion TR Smart switch charge "on or off" in Victron app

My Orion TR Smart 24-24/17 is set up as a battery charger. Input via starter battery/alternator. Output to Lifepo4 battery. In the Victron app there is a "toggle" to turn the charger on or off. In the online manual I read that this "switching on and off" is only intended for performing work (?). I want to use this "on and off" to stop charging when the Lifepo4 battery is almost full. That doesn't seem like a problem to me or do you think differently. Many thanks Jan

orion-tr smart
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

2 Answers
Trevor Bird avatar image
Trevor Bird answered ·

@jkb nothing wrong with doing that if that is what you want to do. I am not sure why you would do that but if you wanted to that is fine.

1 comment
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

kompostman avatar image kompostman commented ·
Hi!

I am using my dc-dc charger as described by Jan.

I now have the problem that the Orion turns back on by itself. I can’t find a reason or setting which triggers this.

Does anyone know how to fix this?

Alex

0 Likes 0 ·
jkb avatar image
jkb answered ·

Thanks for your answer.
I want to be able to stop the charger when my drop-in Lifepo4 battery is about to get full

2 |3000