question

romarub avatar image
romarub asked

Fronius Symo and Victron single-phase system

Dear colleagues, I have a non-standard question. My client has a three-phase grid, but he uses only one phase (that's enough for him). I installed an ESS Victron in this phase with one MultiPlus-II 5000, a BYD battery and a Cerbo GX: it all works very well as a UPS system. Today my client received permission to build a 15kW three-phase photovoltaic system for self consumption, selling the excess to the grid. It can be a separate system, not related to Victron in any way, but in this case the statistics in the VRM portal will not be correct, so I would like to use Fronius Symo.

The official documentation for AC-coupled PV with Fronius PV Inverters mentions the possibility of adding a single-phase Fronius to a three-phase Victron system, but not vice versa. I'm interested in the following:

1. Will communication between the two systems work correctly?

2. How will production and consumption for each phase be displayed on the widget in the Remote Console?

symo-for-1-phase.png

As an example, let's say that Fronius produces 3000 W and the consumption in the house is 2000W (there are no solar charge controllers in the system, we keep the batteries charged). Ideally, visualization by phase should look like this (phase numbers do not matter):

FRONIUS: 1000 W / 1000 W / 1000 W

GRID: -1000 W / -1000 W / 1000 W

LOAD: 0 W / 0 W / 2000 W

But will it really look like this? Has anyone tried this? Thank you in advance!

P. S. I see a similar question here: Adding 3 phase Fronius to single phase Multiplus system, but with no concrete result.

ESSFronius
symo-for-1-phase.png (684.5 KiB)
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

1 Answer
Michelle Konzack avatar image
Michelle Konzack answered ·

Yes this is correct.

I have some similar systems, where one phase is a Victron UPS System.

With the Symo I do not know, but there are GTIs which can push the load asyncron, e.g.

FRONIUS: 500 W / 500 W / 2000 W

GRID: -500 W / -500 W / 0 W

LOAD: 0 W / 0 W / 2000 W

Currently I am searching for a documentation how to do this, because it would in the interest of the customer to reduce the Grid.

However, currently the Feed-In in Estonia via EestiEnergia is nearly twice as high as the coupled day/night tarif. For which reason ever...

You should check ths with your customer too!

1 comment
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

romarub avatar image romarub commented ·

@Michelle Konzack Thanks for your reply!

Do I understand correctly that after you add a three-phase Fronius inverter to a single-phase Victron system (by connecting it to the AC IN of the Victron inverter), you start to see in the Remote Console the current power values for all three phases on each of the rectangles (FRONIUS/GRID/LOAD)?

0 Likes 0 ·