question

Steve avatar image
Steve asked

Dual Orion breaker requirements

Greetings,

I'm planning to run two Orion 12/12 - 30 units. Can I get by on a single breaker feeding both, and a single breaker sourcing from the Orions. The reason for this question is available mounting space. If it is possible what breaker amperage would be best. I'm sourcing to (3) 100Ah AGM batteries.

orion-tr smart
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

2 Answers
Alexandra avatar image
Alexandra answered ·
2 comments
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

Steve avatar image Steve commented ·
Alexandra I've seen the hookup, thanks. But is it necessary to have a separate breaker for each Orion, or just one fuse to protect the battery?
0 Likes 0 ·
Alexandra avatar image Alexandra ♦ Steve commented ·
The fuse protects the wiring. You want them to disconnect near the current sources.
0 Likes 0 ·
jessiejim1 avatar image
jessiejim1 answered ·

It is possible to use a single breaker to feed both units and another single breaker to source from the Orions. However, it's important to make sure that the total amperage drawn by both units and the battery bank does not exceed the amperage rating of the breakers.

1 comment
2 |3000

kevgermany avatar image kevgermany ♦♦ commented ·
Yes, but the cables must be rated for the combined current.

Fuses/breakers should be as close to the batteries as possible.

0 Likes 0 ·