question

richard-veghel avatar image
richard-veghel asked

Settings multiplus ll and ess

Sorry for writing mistakes but english is not my own language.

I have an multiplus ll 5kva system with a cerbo, mppt's and 60kwh battery running a 230volt system.

My grid connection is 1 phase 16 amp

To peak shaving above the 16 amp is working perfect or the ess function is also working perfect.

My idea is use both of the functions together! Now i am doing that in a way when my battery is on 30% i set my maximum grid use on 2kw so the inverter is always able to give feed al the extra power that is needed. When the battery is full agean i set my maximum grit use back on 50 watt. In summer time i have enough power from the pv charge my battery every day full (or about full) but in the winter it is not enough.

Is it possible so to link the grid setpoint to the soc of the battery, for example

- soc 40 / 100% grid setpoint 50 watt

- soc 20 / 40% grid setpoint 1500 watt

- soc 5 / 20% grid setpoint 3000 watt

Or even more steps.

Is this possible or is there a way to make this work?

Multiplus-IIESS
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

7 Answers
Jons Collasius avatar image
Jons Collasius answered ·

So in short: yes, you can.

You can control the Cerbo over MQTT or Modbus TCP. Read the SOC and write the grid setpoint.

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

dmsims avatar image
dmsims answered ·

In additon to the above you can do this via Home Assistant

1 comment
2 |3000

Jons Collasius avatar image Jons Collasius commented ·

Because Home Assistant supports MQTT and Modbus TCP :)

But you are right, Home Assistant would be my first choice too.

Runs fine in Docker almost anywhere.

https://hub.docker.com/r/homeassistant/home-assistant

0 Likes 0 ·
richard-veghel answered ·

Thank you for the awnsers.

I am learning about home assistant and red node now. So i will take a look what the choices are.

2 |3000

sharpener avatar image
sharpener answered ·

Node Red will do this and can be configured in the Cerbo with the Venus OS Large implementation so does not require any additional hardware or software.

2 |3000

richard-veghel answered ·

The way it looks now is that i will try node red indeed. But it seems difficult of easy to make mistakes

2 |3000

ukxan avatar image
ukxan answered ·

Hi,

Im also trying to use node-red ,please share how you are implementing it.

1678985755428.png

1678985755428.png (69.5 KiB)
2 |3000

sharpener avatar image
sharpener answered ·

See the Modifications forum for how to use Node Red, there is a lot of help available there in addition to the Node Red forum.

2 |3000