question

smallsolar avatar image
smallsolar asked

BUG Node Red Phoenix Inverter Output Power Node only outputs null

I have a flow that is reading the Victron "Inverter" node and outputting the Output Power (W AC) to a gauge on the node red dashboard. I cannot get the node to output a value other than "null" both to the gauge and debug nodes. Other nodes that read the voltage and state from the inverter in question work fine. I also thought perhaps I could read the output amps and just multiply by the output voltage for the gauge but that also shows "0" no matter what the load. The inverter displays its output load in VRM and VIctron connect so I am assuming it is some sort of communication glitch.

I have Venus OS v2.90 running on an RPI4 with I think Node Red v. 3.02

Any suggestions would be helpful. TIA

screenshot-20230303-152156.png

Phoenix InverterRaspberry PiNode-RED
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

3 Answers
xsilvergs avatar image
xsilvergs answered ·

I have just checked my setup and you are correct.

screenshot-2023-03-05-091248.png

But is there really a Watts? From the Modbus TCP register list.

com.victronenergy.inverter Output current 3100

com.victronenergy.inverter Output voltage 3101

com.victronenergy.inverter Battery voltage 3105

com.victronenergy.inverter High temperature alarm 3110

com.victronenergy.inverter High battery voltage alarm 3111

com.victronenergy.inverter High AC-Out voltage alarm 3112

com.victronenergy.inverter Low temperature alarm 3113

com.victronenergy.inverter Low battery voltage alarm 3114

com.victronenergy.inverter Low AC-Out voltage alarm 3115

com.victronenergy.inverter Overload alarm 3116

com.victronenergy.inverter Ripple alarm 3117

com.victronenergy.inverter Firmware version 3125

com.victronenergy.inverter Inverter on/off/eco 3126

com.victronenergy.inverter Inverter model 3127

com.victronenergy.inverter Inverter state 3128

Regards multiplying V x A to get Watts: I have the nodes write there data to context via Change Nodes, flow.set. Then using a function node read the context flow.get for both V and A, multiply and pass the result to the display of your choice.

2 comments
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

smallsolar avatar image smallsolar commented ·

Thanks for the confirmation on the null output.

I was going to do the V x A as you say, but it also isn't outputting any values above 0 on the Amp output, even when power is being drawn, at least for sure with the inverter just on idle (whereas VRM and victron connect show a ~8 VA output at idle which should show a 0.066666 A from the node, but it outputs 0). I will double check that again tomorrow with a higher load. You are saying you do get an output above zero from the "Output Current" option on the node?

0 Likes 0 ·
smallsolar avatar image smallsolar smallsolar commented ·
So after checking, I do get an output above zero on the current node, but there appears to be a minimum threshold before it outputs anything. If I had to guess I would say the value has to be above 0.1 amps or about 12 W output before it registers. I understand that is probably their to avoid any ghost readings (I have a similar issue detecting small loads on the Smart Solar load output terminals) and user complaints. Is there any possible way to lower the threshold or get rid of it entirely?
0 Likes 0 ·
xsilvergs avatar image
xsilvergs answered ·

1678460040108.png

@SmallSolar I see the above from the Victron Node. Not sure why it shows a negative value.

1678460040108.png (15.1 KiB)
2 |3000

buddhafragt avatar image
buddhafragt answered ·

I there a workaround for this problem? Here the same, no W/AC output.

1 comment
2 |3000

smallsolar avatar image smallsolar commented ·
Currently my workaround is to do as discussed above, use the Voltage node and the Current node and multiply them together into whatever output you want.
0 Likes 0 ·