question

calumcgee218 avatar image
calumcgee218 asked

Setting up ESS with Multiplus II GX and 3 x MPPTs

I am currently looking to set up a ESS system with a Multiplus II GX. I have 3 arrays of solar panels each with their own Smartsolar MPPT 150/35. Do i need to connect each MPPT via VE.Direct and if so how can i do this as there is only 1 port on the Multiplus II GX.

Also i am planning to use the current transformer input current into the multiplus will this work?

ESSMPPT SmartSolar
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

2 Answers
Robert Boerescu avatar image
Robert Boerescu answered ·

I have an EasySolar II GX and I have the Smart Shunt connected to the VE-direct. I ordered a Smar tSolar MPPT 150/35 to connect a separate array of solar panels and I plan to use VE-direct to USB cable and connect it to the USB port. I understand that using powered USB hubs should work so I think multiple connections to an USB hub for multiple MPPTs should work but I have not tried it.

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

Stan avatar image
Stan answered ·

If you can, buy normal Multiplus II and Cerbo Gx instead of MP2 GX version.

2 |3000

Related Resources

What is ESS training video

ESS Quick Installation Guide

ESS design and installation manual

Additional resources still need to be added for this topic