question

alistair-love avatar image
alistair-love asked

Multiplus ii GX issue loading ESS assistant

Hi,

Hoping someone might be able to advice. I have already looked through the previous posts on the forum and haven't managed to make it work yet.

I have a Victron Multiplus ii GX and 3 pylontech us5000 batteries, these were installed for me but i have been left to do the setup.

I have updated the firmware and am running v2.93. I downloaded the veconfig file and used ve configure 3 to update it adding the ESS assistant and setting this up and then sent this back to the multiplus. As far as i can see all settings are correct. The ve config file is showing ess assistant (i redownloaded it to check) but it does not appear in the remote console.

Any help much appreciated.

Alistair

Multiplus-IIESS
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

1 Answer
JohnC avatar image
JohnC answered ·

Hi @Alistair Love

What you describe seems ok. Have you found this screen?

1676858405328.pngYou could try a reboot of the GX, and even a Reset and Redetect of the Multi.

The Multi should have rebooted when the file containing the Assistant was uploaded. Do you recall it doing that? Comms between the GX and Multi seem ok?

It should be working if it actually got the right file. Presume you're using a PC. It's very easy to mix up different generations of .rvsc files. What I like to do is delete ALL old .rvsc entries, keeping only the latest. That way when you start VE.Config it can only grab that file. I know you said you downloaded it again to check, but might be related.

If these little things fail to satisfy, you could try it all over again. May be something else at play, and we'd be looking for deeper obsrvations to offer much more help. So note all..

1676858405328.png (6.3 KiB)
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.