question

Matt drummond bell avatar image
Matt drummond bell asked

Adding grid tie to easy solar 5kva

So , adding grid tie to easy solar, will be doing at some point, pv inverter assistant will be added , now , I read a post with exactly this the grid tie would have to give less output than the multi, being 5kva this may limit its uses, however we will in some point be adding a further multi or quatro to the system to give more nighttime draw, does this mean that the system could have more grid tie? Or are we still stuck to the 5kva? Also can the paralleled extra inverter be of a greater rating than the master? Many thanks

I tried replying to another post I had done but it wouldn’t let me so apologies if I cannot thank anyone for replying! Cheers matt

EasySolar All-in-One
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

2 Answers
Paul B avatar image
Paul B answered ·

Hi you are posting in the wrong section of the forum

Anyway yes if you add a secound inverter 5Kw then the MAX panel size would be 10KW

with one %kw inverter the max Panel size is 5Kw

No all inverters that are parralled must be the same size and model.

you cant mix diferant sizes and or models

ie you cant mix a mulitplus 48/3000 with a Multiplus II 48/3000

they must both ne Mulitplus units or BOTH must be Muliplus II units

you can parralle 2 or 3 or 4 or 5 or 6 up to 10 units if need be

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

Matt drummond bell avatar image
Matt drummond bell answered ·

Aha, yes after writing this post I did realise was in wrong place! Thanks for reply I did re read the factor 1 section after! Thanks for replying shame couldn’t put a larger multi on !

1 comment
2 |3000

Paul B avatar image Paul B commented ·

what do you mean shame couldnt put a larger multi on.

yes you can increase the system size to 10Kw by adding a secound Multi and then you can add 10KW of solar, you can add upto 10 x 5Kw multis so thats 50Kw in total

0 Likes 0 ·