question

Paul avatar image
Paul asked

Anyone with a CANbus connected Batrium Core with scaling issues?

Hi everybody,

I have a Cerbo-MP2 5000/48, a MPPT SmartSolar charger 250/100 and a Batrium CANbus BMS on my 8kWh LiFePO4 battery bank (160Ah, 51V)

I almost figured out the problems when integrating the Batrium BMS to the Cerbo.

All values like voltage, SOC and charging current are visible on the portal.

The Smartsolar echoes he is controlled by Cerbo and BMS so all should be good now BUT: looking in the setup I see a Voltage and current being 10 times too high so the Smartsolar doesn't engage (only for 50-200 Watts where there is connected 3650Wp of panels to it (5s2p od 365Wp AEG panels).

Setting the voltage to 5,5 Volts and the current to 10 Ams in order to fool the scaling doesn't help.

In an VE.can connected Smartsolar, the rotary switch on the SmartSolar would prevent it to listen to external parameters but with disconnected (and not programmed) CANbus all works good.

I tried to get some support from Batrium but after paying a steep price of €1.100 for a Core, two pcs K12 centralised monitoring pcb's and a current sensor, there regretfully is no budget for this company to help me out without a paid support session of 85 Aussie Dollars.

I would be very happy to resolve the last issue before selling this one on Ebay and buy a decent BMS fom a seller with included service inside the same timezone in Europe.

2023-02-14-parameters-of-battery-communated-factor.png

2023-02-14-smartsolar-not-engaging-fully.png

batrium
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

1 Answer
Paul avatar image
Paul answered ·

Sent back the BMS and Batrium returned my money, minus customs, transport etc...

Now a 123SmartBMS is running fine.

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

Related Resources

Additional resources still need to be added for this topic