question

katymacadamia avatar image
katymacadamia asked

How to install qmake on Cerbo GX

I am following Ole Saether's (osaether) instructions to install his tsmppt drivers on my Cerbo GX (running firmware v2.92) as follows:tsmppt.png

and all was going well until I reached the qmake command... I have never heard of qmake, and haven't been able to figure out how to install qmake...

Could anyone kindly advise?

Best wishes,

Katy

cerbo gxmodifications
tsmppt.png (43.1 KiB)
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

1 Answer
bathnm avatar image
bathnm answered ·

VenusOS, the linux distribution that runs on the CerboGX is not a development device. It is an embedded OS and therefore compilers and build tools are not on the device. You will need to get the VenusOS SDK and a linux machine. Using the VenusOS SDK you can then compile the software and put the resultant binary on the CerboGX.

Having looked at his gift repository, he clearly states the following:

In order to build the application for the CCGX you need a linux system, a recent version of the QT libraries and the CCGX SDK. You can find instructions on installing the CCGX SDK here:

https://github.com/victronenergy/venus/wiki/howto-install-and-use-the-sdk

You will also need libmodbus v3.1.2 or higher (http://libmodbus.org/).

Unless you have experience compiling code and developing be ready for a long haul to get this working. There will be few on this forum that can support you.

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

Related Resources

Cerbo GX product page

GX family product range

Cerbo GX & GX Touch datasheet

Cerbo GX Manual

Venus root access document

Experiments, Modifications and Adaptions. Mods (Modifications) can be made to Victron Software by the Community. Please use the modifications space for enthusiasts who want to push what is possible, without official Victron Support.