question

user345 avatar image
user345 asked

charge current limit of the battery is ignored

Hi,

i have a 48V system with Cerbo,Multiplus, MPPT (450/100) and battery.

At the moment the battery is full and the battery sets a charge limit of 0A. I can see it in the cerbo menu (CCL = 0.0A).

But the MPPT is charging the battery with full current. Only if battery sends an error message, the charging will be stopped for a few minutes. After 3-5minutes charging starts again until next error message.

I tried to reduce the current with activating DVCC and set a current limit of 0A. But this will also be ignored.

Are there any other settings which could affect this behavior?
Thanks in advance

charge current limit
6 comments
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

nickdb avatar image nickdb ♦♦ commented ·

DVCC has to be active otherwise the battery cannot manage the chargers.

Has the battery been configured as the reference in the GX system setup?

How is the mppt connected to the Cerbo, is it marked as external control?

1 Like 1 ·
user345 avatar image user345 nickdb ♦♦ commented ·

Thanks for the fast reply.

DVCC was activated with 100A charge limit. I decreased it to 0A, but I can see no difference.

In System Setup the Battery monitor is "Automatic" and Auto has selected the battery over CAN.

MPPT is connectet with VE.direct and state is Ext. control

0 Likes 0 ·
nickdb avatar image nickdb ♦♦ user345 commented ·
Do you have feed-in enabled in ESS?

(Presuming you’re using it)

0 Likes 0 ·
I had feed-in enabled (DC coupled, limited to 600W), but I deactivated it today. Makes also no difference.
0 Likes 0 ·
nickdb avatar image nickdb ♦♦ user345 commented ·
Ok. Charge current limit is ignored if DC feed-in is enabled. Hence the question. There is some good detail in the updated dvcc section of the cerbo manual.
0 Likes 0 ·

According to cerbo manual the CVL,CCL and DCL Parameters sent from BMS over CAN have priority above all other settings. But I observe the opposite.

Does it make a difference if BMS-CAN oder VE.CAN is used? My BMS is connectet to VE.CAN because auf 250kBit.

0 Likes 0 ·
0 Answers

Related Resources

Additional resources still need to be added for this topic