question

Michelle Konzack avatar image
Michelle Konzack asked

How many BatteryBalancer parallel at 48V 4350Ah

Good day,

I use in a bigger installation 192 cells SOPzS 4350Ah, hence I have 8 set of 24 cells, which make already 24 BatteryBalancer...

...but how many BatteryBalancer should I put in parallel with this capacity?

Note: The load will be up to 12 Quattro 48/15000/200-100/100 starting with 6 for now.

Battery Balancer
1 comment
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

Alexandra avatar image Alexandra ♦ commented ·
@Michelle Konzack

The real answer would be depending on how fast you are charging and how good the current sharing is on the installation.

How often you are equalising them.

Are they in float service or cycling?

And then of course how fast you want them to balance? Are you able to run the full length absorption charge?

More is always better since they balance at less than 1A.

0 Likes 0 ·
1 Answer
Michelle Konzack avatar image
Michelle Konzack answered ·

Hello @Alexandra

the batteries are mostly in cycling.

The install will have 2 Fronius Inverter with 30kW each on ACout1 and 4-6 RS450/200 on the DC side.

Which should be enough to power a load of 50kW per hour from 06:00 until 22:00. If not, the rest of the Energy comes from the Grid.

I think, between April and Seotember the batteries are mostly in float.

The most worse months are December and January where we have mostly no Solarenergy at all (except THIS winter).

In my System on the Farm I have setup the balancing every day, because the 7 days interval was not working for me. I have to do it whenever I get in my Off-the-Grid energy (especially wind). My batteries have 3000Ah @24V and I have already charged them on a stormy sunny April day with more then 300A per hour. I got the batteries from empty (DOD80) to equalizing in one day, however the SmartSolar MPPT 150/70-Tr VE.Can could not finish the Equalizing and my 5 Wind Chargers do not have this function and simply shutdown when the Batteries reach 29,6V.

The SOPzS cells need 2,55V to balance.

Thanks for your Help.

I just reached my DOD80 and my GenSet broke down in -5°C and have to go in 5 hours to the city renting a SDMO HX6000.

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

Related Resources

Additional resources still need to be added for this topic