question

ggreen avatar image
ggreen asked

What size wire and fuse. Please

I have 5 12v 240ah AGM batteries. Which I need to wire in parallel question what size wire between batteries and what size fuse, question 2 what size wire from batteries to inverter. Inverter is a multi plus 2 12v 3000va 230v . The distance from the batteries to inverter is 2.5m

AGM Battery
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

3 Answers
Peter Buijs - NL avatar image
Peter Buijs - NL answered ·

A good starting point is Wiring Unlimited https://www.victronenergy.nl/upload/documents/Wiring-Unlimited-EN.pdf and for the wire sizes the Victron Toolkit app. The Multi manual also states wire size and fuse.

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

Michelle Konzack avatar image
Michelle Konzack answered ·

As already mentioned read "Wiring Unlimited".

However, I suggest you to connect the 5 Batteries each seperately with 25mm² wires (all same lenght) to a Busbar otherwise with the current of your 3000VA Inverter you get an imbalance in the batteries

2 |3000

Alexandra avatar image
Alexandra answered ·

@GGreen

The multiplus manual give fuse sizing and battery cable requirements.

Bus bar, dont daisy chain the batteries. The lynx is neat for that.

2 |3000

Related Resources

Additional resources still need to be added for this topic