question

antonio-castilla avatar image
antonio-castilla asked

Doutbs with smart solar 100/30

f7b7aedd-9a88-4b73-989e-6dab4b223a11.jpeg

2af6d607-3eb4-4e93-9ce5-d3f5beff92fd.pngImage CaptionHi everyone,

I replaced my old smartsolar 100/20a because I installed a second solar panel (200w) and I have 350w installed in total. With the old smart solar changer I saw that the batery was charged until 100% after a few days without use. Now after to install the second solar paner and the new smart solar 100/30A I see that the batery does not exceed 90-91% after 10days without use. I see that the changer is working in floating mode and I see 22v from solar but not current (0,0A). I share a pictures of victron app and my motorhome app with you. The battery is AGM 100A.

Could you tell me what happed?

Thanks in advance

MPPT SmartSolarsmart solar set-up help
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

2 Answers
klim8skeptic avatar image
klim8skeptic answered ·

Your mppt has already fully charged the battery, and it has now switched to float to maintain the charge level.

Please read the manual to understand the charging process.

Also have a look at the mppt's history with Victron Connect.

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

pulquero avatar image
pulquero answered ·

State of charge percentages generally aren't very accurate, what matters is voltage. If it is floating, it is charged. Now, given the % seemed to be reasonably accurate before, why is it much worse now? I have two ideas for you.
(1) did you copy over all your battery config from your old charger to your new charger? you probably did, but I got to ask.
(2) temperature compensation. I'm going to assume that it is cold where you are, and it looks like you don't have an external temperature sensor. If it is cold, the float voltage will be higher than normal, which might account for the 90-91% value. Maybe the internal temperature sensor in the 100/30 is not functionally identical to that in the old 100/20???

2 |3000

Related Resources

Additional resources still need to be added for this topic