question

richie-gorrod avatar image
richie-gorrod asked

Multi dcvv charge limiting

Hi,

I have a Mutli 24/5000 120/100 running ESS. 4kw of solar running thru 4 x 250/85 mppt all connected thru a CCGX, - Its work great.

8 x 12v AGM 135a batteries 2s4p. with a Victron balancer connected to these batteries.

I have configured the Relay output of the balancer to reduce the charge current on the multi if it goes into alarm state. (Aux 2 on the multi)

My question is that the DCVV charge limit now does not limit the charge current. I have the aux input configured to 1a charge when in alarm state and 90a in normal state.

Not sure this is a good way of doing it but was wondering if anyone has experienced this.

many thanks.

Rich

charge current limit
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

2 Answers
Alexandra avatar image
Alexandra answered ·

@Richie Gorrod

DVCC on the GX and the aux relay assistant on the multi are two different things.

The relay assistant only controls the inverter charge not the whole system like DVCC does. You would need a way to alter the DVCC limit if you need that to change. Do you have other charge sources that you also want limited at the same time?

The other option is to add more balancers so it does the job faster.

1 comment
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

Alexandra avatar image Alexandra ♦ commented ·
What has basically happened is you have increased the solar charge priority by reducing the multis input further, it will still charge up to the max dvvc set. So if you set 90A the mppt will use its full 85a if it is panelled fully.

How low do you have the dvcc limit set? Does it throttle the MPPT if you reduce it in DVCC?

0 Likes 0 ·
richie-gorrod avatar image
richie-gorrod answered ·

Hi Alex

Thanks for your reply.

Before I added the aux input was working great. The multi and mppt are all on a ve bus network.

Last night mppt not outputting and the multi dvcc limited to 40a and the multi still outputing 88a Charge.

Will try changing the Chargé current on the aux relay but requires multi to reset so didn’t do last nite.

Thanks again and any other thoughts appreciated

Cheers

Rich

2 |3000

Related Resources

Additional resources still need to be added for this topic