question

hildinggren avatar image
hildinggren asked

ESS, limit total feed in

I’m running a 3 phase ESS system with a Goodwe inverter in parallel with the multipluses. I got 15kw of solar installed on the Goodwe inverter and 8kw on a mppt rs. Since the Goodwe inverter can’t be controlled by the cerbo is it possible to set a feed in limit that reduces the power from the mppt in the case of lots of solar combined with full batteries to keep the feed in below my main fuse of 20A. I still want the mppt to feed in as long as the total feed in doesn’t exceed the limit of my main fuse.

Is that possible or can the feed in limit only be set on the mppt alone with no regard to the grid meter?

ESSfeed-in limit
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

1 Answer
sharpener avatar image
sharpener answered ·

You can choose AC and DC feed-in settings separately under ESS|Grid feed-in and there is an optional total current limit there which will probably do what you want.

Your Goodwe will probably respond to frequency control from your Victron system as well, you can set that up with VE-Config.

20A main fuse seems very low for a 3-phase system with 23kW of PV, but you do not say what size your inverters are.

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

Related Resources

What is ESS training video

ESS Quick Installation Guide

ESS design and installation manual

Additional resources still need to be added for this topic