question

bukey333 avatar image
bukey333 asked

Smart MPPT 150/100 Not Deteceted - Bluetooth or VRM

I'm a few hours into trouble shooting this issue with no resolution... I have now searched all questions and responses but I'm not seeing anything that addresses my problem.

I have a Smart MPPT 150/100. It does not show up in Victron Connect when I search for bluetooth devices. I can only assume bluetooth is disabled. I do have another Samart MPPT which shows up fine and I'm familiar with the MPPT bluetooth pairing process and features using Victron Connect.

So I bought a Cerbo GX thinking I can certainly use the remote features anyway and through the VRM connect feature, I could enable the bluetooth setting in the Smart MPPT. However, having now successfully setup the Cerbo GX on VRM, the Smart MPPT does not show up on the connected device list in VRM!

The Smart MPPT is functioning as the basic settings in remote console are accessible, the blue light on the unit is flashing, but without bluetooth access or VRM access to configuration settings, I'm starting to think there might be a hardware issue.

I was going to buy a VE Direct to USB cable but from what I understand I should have full configuration access through the Cerbo GX... So figured I should ask before I buy anything further!

MPPT SmartSolar
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

0 Answers

Related Resources

Additional resources still need to be added for this topic