question

spagley avatar image
spagley asked

Charging off grid van from surplus 'shore' side solar power with MultiPlus 48/1200 ?

Hi all,

Sorry if this is a noob question, but having spent some time trawling and searching, my brain is melting a little with the wealth of info and quantity of potential options so few tips to fill in the gaps would be appreciated !

I am planning a small (budget) off grid project using a Multiplus 48/1200 and Venus with a Pylontech US2000 and would ideally like to charge it from surplus solar from the house.

Currently I have Emoncms on a Pi monitoring the existing grid tied solar and use NodeRed to dump some of the excess into hot water via 1kW immersion on an MQTT controlled switch.

The aim is to do something a with a bit more granularity to make best use of the remaining free stuff power.

It seems like it should be fairly straight forward to publish my solar surplus to the Venus, but I am unclear on detail for general system settings and best way to control the charge or to limit the overall AC draw from grid.

I 'think' I have most of the puzzle in place, with only a few small gaps, but quite aware I may have completely missed something fundamental!

Cheers
Ian

MQTT
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

0 Answers

Related Resources