question

daver-1 avatar image
daver-1 asked

Feature Request - MPPT Calculator share your config button issue

When helping some members of this community, i noticed that the url that the MPPT Calculator "share your config" button generates on the English site, directs to the Dutch calculator. As there is no Header and because of that no navigation-bar it could be difficult for some users.

I think it's not a difficult thing to resolve.

feature request
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

3 Answers
Guy Stewart (Victron Community Manager) avatar image
Guy Stewart (Victron Community Manager) answered ·

Thanks for the report @Daver - I'll pass it on to the dev team responsible

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

joepschyns avatar image
joepschyns answered ·

Hey @Daver I'am working on the MPPT Calculator. The link that is generated does indeed not save the language set in the victronenergy.com header. However, the language should automatically change to the browser language. So in your case it changes to Dutch and when someone with an "English" browser visits the link all texts should be in Englisch.

Does that solve your issue?

2 |3000

daver-1 avatar image
daver-1 answered ·

In my personal opinion I would like to see a navigation bar and logo with link to the Victron website, like when use the mppt-calculator on the victron website.

as the navigation bar already exists, i think you could integrate it on the sub domain https://mppt.victronenergy.com. Or you could just make one a little bit plainly.

For most users your suggestion will do. Just one question: what happens to members who have an other language then the already (20) supported languages?

Thanks, Now i know i can share the link without hesitation.

2 |3000

Related Resources

The feature requests topic tag can help Victron R&D find feature suggestions for products. 

There are many factors that go into the Victron product roadmap, and feedback from end-users can help.