question

rspott avatar image
rspott asked

Feature Request - All - Internet or VRM based backups of configurations

If a Victron device is attached to VRM via a Venus-type device it should send configuration data to VRM for backup and versioning.

If a new like-device is installed at an end user site, the end user or installer should be given the option to download and put in place an existing backed up configuration.

I am not a professional installer, I am an enthusiast that uses your equipment extensively.

When I consider the amount of time and effort required to re-program a replaced Cerbo or other Victron device (especially in a warranty replacement that is not normally reimbursed by an end customer) it prompts me to write this feature request as a time and sanity saver.

I was also prompted to write this request after I rented a Mercedes SUV. The infotainment system asked me if I wanted to upload all of my comfort and radio presets to the cloud for safe-keeping and installation on any future Mercedes vehicle. (If the Germans can do it, then the Dutch can do it better!)

feature request
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

1 Answer
harold avatar image
harold answered ·

and/or a scheduled back-up (f.e. monthly), like my Teltonka router

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

Related Resources

The feature requests topic tag can help Victron R&D find feature suggestions for products. 

There are many factors that go into the Victron product roadmap, and feedback from end-users can help.